Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Challenge 203 and Gelli Plate Fun With Stencils

Challenge:  Athitzi by Eleanor Holt

This was a fun challenge (here) as I found Athitzi very much like cross-hatching but had never seen it done quite this way.  The shading adds so much!!!  Never crossed my mind to do shading on cross-hatching, I'm sorry to say. 

Actually, now that I look at the tile, I can see a lot of other shading I could have added... I think I was so excited to add the shading to Athitzi, I forgot about some of the other tangles :)

Gelli Plate Fun - new stencils

By now you know I love my Gelli plate :)... I have created a few stencils specifically to use with it, and couldn't wait to try them.  Some were created from Tyvek, others from transparencies.  Some were cut with scissors, others with a stencil burning tool.

I'm experimenting printing on different surfaces as well.  From card stock, to tags, labels, rice paper, tissue paper, fabric, deli paper, and paper tape.  It's all fun :)

So here are some of the ones I printed recently:

Printed on deli paper.Top 2 leaves were cut with scissors from a transparency;
bottom 2 were also cut with scissors from Tyvek.

Printed on tissue paper (recycled wrapping tissue).
Stencil and mask cut with scissors from Tyvek (recycled envelope). 

Printed on tissue paper (recycled wrapping tissue).
All leaves and masks cut from Tyvek.  The one on the top left with the open designs was cut with a stencil tool; it isn't as smooth and even as the ones cut with scissors.

Printed on card stock.  Same leaves as above :)
Printed on card stock.
Flowers cut from transparency with stencil burning tool.

Printed on card stock.  
Leaves cut from transparency with stencil burning tool.



Printed on card stock.
I drew a tree with white glue on foam board a couple of years ago;
it didn't turn out as raised as I wanted (pretty flat, actually).
I was shocked it actually shows in the print!  Nice surprise!
Printed on deli paper.
This is Priscila's window design (with some flowers peaking through);
 stencil cut from transparency with stencil burning tool.

Printed on deli paper.  Same design as above.

Printed on card stock.
The distressed brick wall was cut with stencil burning tool from Tyvek.
Same with leaves on the left (texture type of mask).




14 comments:

  1. Pretty tile for the challenge and such fun to see your printing. I just got a geli plate and have not had a chance to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will love it!! Have fun :)

      Delete
  2. I like your challenge tile. It has great composition. I love how knightsbridge and fescue make it pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Michele. I really enjoyed making this tile.

      Delete
  3. Your challenge tile is very pretty, I like the design. Your stencils are great fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anne. Yes, I'm having a lot of fun with the stencils, and learning how to work with them.

      Delete
  4. Lovely challenge tile - and your printing looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ilse; having lots of fun :)

      Delete
  5. A very nice assortment of prints. I love my gelli, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fun? :) Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  6. Marta, as always, lovely!!! :) So much fun to see your prints too ... hugs :)

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/02/diva-umt-athitzi-challenge-entry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane!! I don't have much time to create these days, but when I do, I have lots of fun :)

      Delete
  7. Your tile is fabulous, but I am really in love with your stencils. I have a gelli plate too and I also love it. I need to make more stencils too one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jean. I find it gives you a lot more flexibility and pleasure :) when you create your own stencils. They will not be perfect, but at this point, it is OK :)

      Delete