The apron was created in layers with fabric paints and my own designed stencils and masks. Below are some pictures of the process and some details. Please let me know if you have any questions.
|The background was created with stencils over a round Tyvek stencil with a sponge. The idea was to cover the background with interesting shapes and different colors. I think I got a bit carried away with the colors :)|
|The leaf and flower shapes were outlined with a fabric pen.|
|Next the shapes (from the first layer) were now outlined inside the flowers. Shadows were added to the flower shapes to make them stand out a bit more.|
|Some of the background shapes were still too strong and competing with the foreground, so they got a layer of white dots through sequin waste.|
|Finished! Added some doodling to some of the leaf shapes, and put it away so I wouldn't keep messing with it :)|
While it was gone, I started another apron and a tea towel with some of what I had learned. I got Textile paint and decided to go with greens and blues. Below you will see the first step and the finished pieces.