Friday, October 9, 2015

Challenge 238 and Tree Stencil / Mask

Challenge 238

This week's challenge was to learn and use the tangle Tri-bee created by Beate Winkler.  You can see the instructions and the challenge here.

I probably should have practiced it before I grabbed the tile, but... that's the way it goes :).  I did have fun with it.

Tree Stencil / Mask


I have been thinking for a while that I would like a tree stencil, mainly to play around on the Gel plate.  I felt really courageous one afternoon and cut it with an X-acto knife.  I wanted to end up with a stencil and a mask, but... when I picked up the stencil, 2 big pieces just fell from it :(.  OK, so now I have a tree mask :).  Next time I have to be a bit smarter with my design, and not get so close to the other branches.  

Still... here are a couple of gel prints I got from a quick session last Sunday.


 

3 comments:

  1. Marta, cool Diva ... we can't always practice ahead (usually I can't) ... it is very wonderful to see your tree stencils!! Really like to keep up with you!! :) :)

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/10/my-diva-umt-tri-bee-string-challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely tile with Tri-Bee! Your tree stencil is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the composition of your Tri-Bee tile. And the tree is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete