Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Moose, a Bunny, and a Challenge (Diva's #156)

Diva's Challenge #156 - "Curvy Gridlock"

If you feel like you can't draw a straight line, this is the challenge for you :)  The idea is that you don't need to be able to draw a straight line to be able to create grid tangles.  So... the challenge is to use grid tangles in curvy lines.  Here is my tile:
MOOSE

One of my kids likes everything moose :).  So, I decided to make him a card for his birthday with a moose.  Well... I got a bit carried away and it ended up being a lot larger than card-size, but I had a lot of fun.  I'm not confident enough to do it with tangles yet.

BUNNY

My 3-year-old niece just became a big sister, so I decided to crochet her a bunny I saw in a book and absolutely loved.  It took me a little while with a lot of doing and undoing (as I am a crochet beginner), but I finished it and it is on its way to Portugal for my little niece to enjoy.  I will post another one I just finished this week for another little one.


19 comments:

  1. Nice challenge tile - but I'm pretty sure the moose wins! That moose is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathryn! :) I like the moose, too :)

      Delete
  2. Your post is full of creativity and I love your grid tile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nice comment! So glad you like it.

      Delete
  3. I love all the movement in your tile so pretty. and of course I love the big wild moose!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great comment, Karen. Glad you like the moose :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, Audrie - I love all three of your creations. The tangle is spectacularly good - organic flowing grids! And I adore the moose...I bet he'd tangle beautifully too!
    And congratulations on the new addition - it's a lovely rabbit for your niece, who is not so far from me, comparatively speaking!
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie. Yes, I see you are pretty close to my family in Portugal; I hope you're loving it in Spain.
      Thank you so much for commenting; I really appreciated you looking at everything and leaving such nice and thoughtful comments!
      Marta

      Delete
  5. Like the shading in your tile. It really highlights the tangles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donald! After my tangles are all done, I tackle the shading and try to make the tangles pop. I'm not always successful, but once in a while they do pop :) Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Lovely tile with great flow and contrast! Your moose is fantastic and the bunny really cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much LonettA! I really appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  7. Dear Marta, I love your challenge - it is beautiful. And you are so right ... I cannot draw a straight line so this was perfect for me.

    Lovely moose and cute bunny ... hugs! ~ Diane Clancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm drawn to curvy lines, so I loved this challenge :). Thank you for your wonderful comments. Hugs back :)

      Delete
  8. You did so well with this challenge. The bunny is lovely! oh, I almost forget, the moose is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anne :) Thank you also for the lovely comments on the moose and the bunny.

      Delete
  9. Love your tile and that bunny is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of theme are beautiful, but your curvy tile is lovely!

    ReplyDelete