Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Zentangle Workshop - Week 13 (Last One!)

This is our last week!  Still, we learned more tangles, more tangleations, and a few projects with Zentangle Inspired Art.

This tile include the official Zentangle tangle Zander (left), Sticker (top right - a pokeroot tangleation), and Warmth (bottom - I don't know whose tangle this is, if you do, please let me know).  On the top left you will see my tangle in its most recent form.  I don't have a name for it yet.


For a project, I created these mountains with tangles.  What is special about them is that they connect on all 4 sides so you can have a continuous pattern - as you can see in the bottom picture.  I then put is on Spoonflower and had them print a swatch of fabric with this pattern.  I received it yesterday, and it is very cool looking!


My second project was a tangled soap dispenser.  I sanded it lightly and glued used teabags to it.  Once dry, I tangled all over it with a black Sakura Glaze pen and added some shading with black watercolor.  Once dry I gave it 3 coats of varnish.  Turned a boring soap dispenser into a not-so-boring one :)


I thoroughly enjoyed this workshop and learned so much!  I will definitely keep tangling as it is so much fun and relaxing.  I hope you enjoyed my creations and give it a try.

My next workshop with the ArtistsOfTheRoundTable Yahoo group will be on Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's book "Carve Stamp Play" starting in March.  I'm looking forward to it! 

1 comment:

  1. Marta, thank you for telling us about the workshop. I read all 13 weeks and enjoyed very much.
    your zentangles are fantastic and uniqe.
    Lea

    ReplyDelete