Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hearts

Since my youngest son was born on February 14th, Valentine's day became Jeremiah's birthday from then on.  Still, I do like hearts and to create art with hearts in different shapes and sizes.

This one was created for this week's Diva Challenge: #154 "Valentangle".


I have also been experimenting with using tea bags in my art, so I created these in the last couple of weeks.  They were painted with watercolors (left), and inktense (right).

And here are some more experiments on white paper:


I've also been carving little hearts on erasers.  I will post them here once I create something with them :)

9 comments:

  1. Lovely - all of them - you really do make Nzeppel into something three-dimensional with your shading and colours.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Annie! I absolutely fell in love with Nzeppel, and I do enjoy the 3-D effect. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. All look great. I agree that your shading gives a great 3D effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all are so pretty. Tell us more about the technique with the teabags. Inquiring minds want to know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! The technique with the teabags... this particular one is very simple: use watered down white glue or Mod Podge to glue the teabag onto a piece of white paper and brush a layer of the same glue or Mod Podge over the teabag. This layer over the teabag will make it stronger for you to draw on it without ripping it.

      Delete
  4. What lovely hearts, and drawing on teabags something else on my to do list which is ever growing, I'm guessing it can be any teabag? As herbal teabags will add a little scent to special cards. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna! Any teabag will do, they will just differ in shape, size, and color (green teabags will be light, while black tea will be dark). I actually want to try a fruity one for the color :) (I don't like fruity teas, but the teabags might have a really nice color). Regarding the scent... I think that if you put white glue or Mod Podge over the teabag you might not smell it anymore; you may want to try it. You can definitely draw on the teabag without being sealed, you just need to be a bit more careful.

      Delete